tea time

tea time

Thursday, September 3, 2009

So a quick catch up

Picture me with my eyes a bit blood shot and dazed. In a frantic attempt to get through everything I have in the house to read I have been over reading. I am in a fog. Confuzzled. So I am just going to list a few books and then hopefully be able to write some decent commentary at a later date.

Hunting Ground -- Patricia Briggs -- A. This is a continuation of the "Alpha and Omega" series that began in "On the Prowl" and continued with "Cry Wolf". I always find myself reading a Briggs book and then rereading it almost right away. I loved this one. Charles and Anna find themselves in Seattle, battling bad guys as the werewolves debate on coming "out" to the public.

I Can See You -- Karen Rose B -- A serial killer picks his victims from an on-line game. I liked it as I read it but now I am struggling to remember what even happened. It was a good read, above average but it is not something I will be going back to anytime soon.

Dream Fever -- Karen Marie Moning -- A -- I have a love/hate relationship with the fever series. I love the intricate world building going on. Hate the wait to see what unveils. It will be good to get to next August and finally have answers.

Acts of Mercy -- Mariah Stewart-- C I love these little mysteries centered around the Mercy Street Foundation but am willing to admit they are not brilliant. They are a solid read though and if you are into romantic suspense I would recommend going for it!

1 comment:

  1. I was actually not impressed with Hunting Ground. I think I got turned off early in the story when Charles takes Anna to visit the fae and doesn't even bother to mention to Anna beforehand that he had been sexually involved with the fae. It felt weird and badly written. It made me prejudiced against Charles for the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete